In my 20-some-odd years life of life, I’ve learned a thing or two by watching, talking, and doing life with you.
Do you remember the time as a child I stood at the top of the stairs in Warrenton, hands on my hips with my sassy brows raised to you?
“Mother, you have choice…” I huffed, doing my best to sound bossy despite my lisp.
Yep, I’d been watching you.
And despite this incident and a zillion others, you’ve always hugged, squeezed and loved the mess out of me.
I find myself doing things like:
- crying when I laugh really hard
- justifying why I’ve saved something because surely I’ll need it later
- craving Mexican food no matter how many times I’ve consumed it in the past week
- adding cilantro, lime and garlic to everything I cook
I say things like:
- poop or get off the pot
- it ain’t gonna get no greener
- I am literally in a panic! (ok, I’ve never said that, but had to throw it in)
I’ll of course always love (alongside you):
- model home tours
- Rocky mountain getaways
- Mama’s cafe
I’ve also learned:
- “this, too, shall pass”
- to see the good in everyone and everything
- you’re never too old for fun
- treasure the moment
- love is worth the risk
Being the woman of many quirks I am, I owe so much to you. We are quite a pair, so different and yet just alike all at the same time.
No matter how much time or distance stands between us, I’ve never gone a day without your love- knowing, feeling, believing in its depth and breadth.
You are a woman chasing after the heart of God. You are my prayer warrior.
I love you, look up to you and believe in you- the way you’ve always believed in me, no matter how big my dreams get to be.
Con mucho cariño,
your Kumquat May
And a special thanks to the woman who raised my mom,- the woman she watched and learned all things motherhood from…the woman whose name I proudly bear! To my GRANDmother, Grandmama, I love you!
Happy Mother’s Day!
So sweet! and I love your new page…very legit:)